We’ll fight to the end, says Dereham boss
- Credit: Archant
Neal Simmons has vowed to fight to the bitter end despite, seeing Dereham's play-off bid begin to fade.
The Magpies face Haringey Borough at Aldiss Park looking to bounce back from their last-minute 3-2 defeat on Tuesday at Bowers & Pitsea and their disappointing 2-0 defeat against Soham Town Rangers on Thursday night.
But it's another tough test – the in-form north London side have steadily progressed to fourth place in table.
Dereham's two midweek defeats effectively ended their hopes of a place in the play-off, but it has been a good season for the men from Aldiss Park and is by no means over.
Like all teams in the league, the Magpies have a hectic run-in caused by the fixture backlog that was the result of the dreadful recent weather, causing headaches for Simmons.
You may also want to watch:
'The recent schedule has hit the squad hard, ' he said. 'We are nursing injuries and have availability issues, but will continue to fight hard until the end of the season.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash