Dereham Town can’t afford to lose any more ground on Ryman North rivals
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Dereham Town have an ideal chance to hang on to the coat-tails of the top five when they visit struggling Barkingside.
The Magpies have slipped out of the play-off picture in recent weeks thanks to some indifferent form. But they know only three points will do this afternoon at the Crickleford Stadium as they look to make sure no further ground is lost on their rivals.
Matt Henman's men are now five points behind fifth-placed Brentwood Town – but crucially have played a game more.
A midweek 2-1 victory at Waltham Abbey almost a fortnight ago had appeared to put Dereham's quest back on track but Saturday's defeat to Harlow was a further blow to their hopes of reaching the end-of-season shoot-out for promotion.
The Aldiss Park outfit have only won one of their last six games which has slowed a push that saw them join Norfolk rivals Wroxham in the top five for a short while.
You may also want to watch:
Barkingside, third from bottom, will not be easy opponents though as they are fighting for their lives to avoid relegation.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock