Dereham Town boss will take care of players’ injury niggles
Dereham Town boss Matt Henman insists he will not risk any of his injury doubts at Romford this afternoon.
The Magpies have won back-to-back games in Ryman Division One North and will be looking to extend their run in Essex. But the Aldiss Park outfit's manager is not afraid to make changes to a team that beat Ware on Saturday and Chatham on Tuesday evening.
He said: 'I think there is no reason why we can't keep our run going today, our form is very good but it's another tough away game.
'We picked up a couple of little niggles (on Tuesday) with Gary (Starling) and Adam (Smith), so we will have to see how they progress and we certainly will not be taking any risks – so we may have to make one or two changes to the squad for the Romford game.'
Goals from Ryan Hawkins and a Shaun Bammant brace sealed Dereham's midweek win. And it was the latter's goals which really pleased his manager.
You may also want to watch:
'Shaun has been brilliant for the last month, especially considering he had a bit of a frustrating start to the season with suspensions,' said Henman.
'But him and Luke (Tuttle) have formed a great partnership up front and Bammant has been doing everything right. He was just lacking a couple of goals, so I'm really pleased that he got his goals.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars