Dereham Town boss tells his players to ‘sweat’ out frustrations after 2-0 home defeat to Redbridge
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/phcimages.com
Dereham Town manager Matt Henman was left disappointed and frustrated after his side slipped up against Redbridge.
A goal in either half was enough for the Motormen to take all three points, leaving Henman calling on his players to find a response next time out.
He said: 'As a team we never really had too much control of the game today – a few of our players are coming off the pitch thinking they didn't quite do themselves justice and all in all there aren't too many positives I can think of to say today.
'Defeat is not only disappointing because we have lost a game which, going into it, we thought we should have won, but it's also frustrating because we know that we can play much better than that.
'It's important now that we train hard on Tuesday night, try to sweat this defeat out of us and ensure that we don't let our season tail off.
You may also want to watch:
'We can't let that happen because all of our supporters, our committee, all the people behind the scenes and the staff, deserve better than that.'
Dereham struggled to create chances and lacked creativity early on and paid the price for sloppy defending after 18 minutes, when Daniel Francis volleyed Redbridge into the lead after being left unmarked at the far post and not long into the second half their frustration began to show.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
'With 18 minutes to go, and after a scrappy period of play, a bad afternoon got worse for Dereham when Francis doubled the Motormen's lead after Dereham failed to clear Liam Thomas' corner.