Dereham Town boss Henman reveals Radomski setback ahead of Lowestoft Town visit
- Credit: Richard Land/Focus Images Ltd
Midfielder Dawid Radomski will not line up against his former club this evening after Matt Henman confirmed the Polish playmaker has departed Dereham Town.
The Magpies' boss was ecstatic to have signed the Lowestoft Town talent last month but his stay at Aldiss Park proved to be short-lived. Family reasons have forced Dereham's summer signing to return to Poland having failed to make a single appearance for the Ryman North outfit this pre-season.
Henman, whose men host Lowestoft tonight (7.45pm), said: 'We thought he'd bring a lot of qualities to us but what has happened in his absence is that one or two other lads have really stepped up and filled the void.
'What was a slight concern following Dawid's departure has quickly gone away because of players' performances.'
Dereham, who drew 1-1 at home to St Neots Town on Saturday while their opponents were unable to welcome Braintree Town due to a waterlogged pitch, go into the clash having boosted their attacking options by adding former youth-team striker Lewis Butcher to their ranks
You may also want to watch:
Henman added: 'Lewis is back from a soccer scholarship in America so we took a couple of games to have a look at him. At this stage, you've got to be sure you're signing players who you feel can play a significant role in the squad. You don't just want to bring someone in to be another body.
'He proved in the games against King's Lynn and St Ives that he's got plenty to offer. He's got lots of energy, pace, is direct, and he could go on to be a big player for us.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
In other action, King's Lynn Town will aim to continue their encouraging friendly form when they travel to Conference North Brackley Town. Dereham's Ryman League rivals Wroxham travel to Walsham-le-Willows.
Thurlow Nunn Premier League Fakenham Town welcome Anglian Combination Premier Division Dersingham Rovers (7.30pm). Norwich United also host lower-lever opponents, Acle United, as do Swaffham Town – they welcome Aylsham.
United Counties League Premier Division Wisbech Town travel to Godmanchester Rovers, in a match which begins at 7.15pm. Great Yarmouth Town's latest warm-up match kicks-off 30 minutes earlier at Caister.