Dereham Town appoint former Fakenham Town boss Wayne Anderson as assistant manager to Neal Simmons
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have announced their new management team, following the exit of long-serving boss Matt Henman.
Previous assistant boss Neal Simmons had already been confirmed as Henman's successor but the Magpies have now confirmed he will be assisted by former Fakenham Town manager Wayne Anderson, who left the Ghosts with a month of the season remaining.
They will be joined by former Swaffham Town defender and coach Matt Parkinson, who was manager of the club's reserves this season.
Dereham have issued a statement, which says: 'We are pleased to announce that Neal Simmons will be assisted by Wayne Anderson and the first team coach will be Matt Parkinson for the 17/18 season.
'We would like to welcome Wayne back to Dereham Town and congratulate Matt on his move up to the first team from the reserves.'
Henman has left Dereham after nine years at Aldiss Park, with the club firmly established in Ryman League Division One North, finishing 18th and staying clear of relegation trouble this season.
Simmons had taken charge of the team on occasions when Henman was busy with his role with Dereham Education and Soccer Academy (Desa) so was well placed to take on the role. He had been assistant for nine years and also played for the club for five seasons.
You may also want to watch:
Anderson previously had a spell in charge of the club's reserves but returned to Fakenham in January last year and kept the Ghosts clear of relegation trouble in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division in the past two campaigns, as well as taking them to the Norfolk Senior Cup final this season.
Parkinson was joint manager at Swaffham Town in 2015-16 but was replaced by Rob Taylor last summer after the Pedlars received a relegation reprieve and took over Dereham's reserves, who had a difficult season, finishing second from bottom in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested