Dereham Town aim to regain their momentum and move up the Ryman League Division One North table
Boss Matt Henman will be looking for an immediate response from his players when Dereham Town look to get back to winning ways.
The Magpies' magnificent run of form – which included five victories in a row going into last weekend's home match – was ended at Aldiss Park on Saturday by Phoenix Sports.
Monday's opportunity to bounce back at Soham Town Rangers fell foul of the weather as Storm Katie caused a string of postponements across the east of the country.
This afternoon it's a Ryman League Division One North trip to Thamesmead Town for the Magpies as Henman and his troops look to begin rebuilding some momentum ahead of their Norfolk Senior Cup final showdown with Norwich United next month.
The 2-1 Sports' defeat halted a charge that had left some dreaming of an unlikely play-off push. But a victory at Bayliss Avenue would still ensure that Dereham continued their march up the table regardless of that setback, leapfrogging Thamesmead in the process.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies sit ninth and would move on to 71 points if they tasted success on the road. Incredibly, if results go their way elsewhere, that outcome could leave Dereham just two points outside of the top-five with only four matches to go.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 8 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 9 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region