Dereham Town aim to keep up Ryman Division One North play-off push
- Credit: IAN BURT
Dereham Town will be looking to build on a fine week when they host fellow play-off rivals Harlow Town.
Matt Henman's Magpies picked up four points from a possible six when they won 3-1 at league leaders VCD Athletic on Saturday and drew 1-1 at fellow top-five hopefuls Witham Town three days later.
The results leave the Aldiss Park club, only promoted in the summer, sitting fourth in Ryman Division One North. And they will be the underdogs again this afternoon when third-placed Harlow arrive in Norfolk.
That said, they have already shocked plenty of teams at Step Four of the non-league ladder this season so are more than capable of securing a result to keep up their challenge to reach the end-of-season shoot-out for promotion.
On Tuesday night, debutant Lewis Sturman scored for Town and impressed his new manager with his first appearance in the black and white of the Magpies.
You may also want to watch:
Henman said: 'We brought in Lewis Sturman from Holbeach not long before the game, so it was really pleasing to see him come into the starting line-up and perform as well as he did. He did really well to come in and settle with the squad and it was great to see him score.
'Looking back a point is a fair reflection of the game and it was a really good performance against a very good side, so we're very happy with a point. We had to work very hard to get a point, the game was very scrappy at times.'
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre