Dereham Town 2 Hanwell Town 1: Hawkins at the double for Magpies
- Credit: IAN BURT
A brace from in-form Ryan Hawkins ensured that Dereham progressed in the FA Trophy.
After the home side had made a bright start, Hanwell won a free-kick in a dangerous position. However, Lewis Ochoa's inviting chip sailed past the far post. In the 16th minute Fraser Blake-Tracy climbed well to win a header on the left with Craig Bussens then flicking the ball on to Hawkins who rounded advancing keeper Alex Tokalcyk before slotting home to put Derehan in front.
Hanwell soon restored parity in the 20th minute when striker Lewis Putman was given too much space inside the box and his poorly struck shot somehow made it 1-1.
Michael Clunan tested Tokalczyk with a fierce 20-yarder that the keeper palmed to safety. The Magpies came close twice again with Hawkins being denied after a mazy run before Daniel Morphew's back-heel was saved following a goalmouth melee.
As Dereham pressed again Hawkins saw his diagonal drive drift wide in the 67th minute before going close again minutes later. Hilliard was next to fire wide after Hawkins had headed Luke Tuttle's ball in to his path.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham finally made the breakthrough when Hawkins latched on to Aaron Kay's long ball. He progressed into the box before beating keeper, Tokalcyk, with a neat finish from an acute angle to net his second of the afternoon and restore Dereham's lead in the 80th minute.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain