Dereham Town 2 Barkingside 1: Home comforts for Magpies
A solitary goal was enough for Dereham to register their fifth successive win at Aldiss Park –although the Mapgies should have won by a bigger margin.
Barkingside started brightly and twice went close early on as Michael Spencer clipped the post and Andy Nikolaou had an effort cleared off the line by Payton Swatman.
The Magpies responded well and got their noses in front in the 14th minute. Skipper Luke Tuttle delivered the ball into the danger area towards Jake Anema who flicked down to Luke Butcher enabling the in-form striker to sweep the ball home from close range.
With 30 minutes on the clock Ryan Crisp had an effort ruled out for offside before Rhys Logan looked to have been impeded in the box, but the referee waved away the home side's appeals.
On the stroke of half-time Tuttle released Crisp down the centre of the park with the striker being denied by a fine save from Bechet. Anema then struck the visitors' post as the Magpies finished the half well on top. Dereham made it 2-0 thanks to a composed finish by Crisp after latching on to a fine pass by Logan. Barkingside pulled one back with 13 minutes left through George Lutaaya but it wasn't enough.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham missed two golden chances to seal the game with Darren Bechet keeping out Tuttle and Seb Bialasik but the hosts had done enough.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel