Leaders show their quality to see off Dereham
- Credit: Archant
Bostik North leaders Bowers & Pitsea powered their way to a 3-1 win at Dereham Town.
Joe Gatting and Karol Wengrizk both had an early efforts blocked against their high flying opponents.
Bowers defender Richard Hale headed down at the back post but home keeper Elliot Pride was not troubled.
Dereham won a corner on the left in the 42nd minute and Danny Beaumont delivered a pacey curling ball into the six yard area which Joe Gatting guided home to put the Magpies in front. They came close again when Crisp's low cross just eluded substitute Ethan Warne at the far post.
Pride was forced to save from Manor and Bradley Warner as the visitors pressed for the equaliser. Warner soon provided this when he side-footed home Monville's pull back in the 50th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Bowers continued to look dangerous with Manor heading Callum Leahy's centre off target. They were awarded a penalty in the 60th minute when Dion Fray clipped Monville in the box. Warner confidently put the Essex side in front from the spot. Dereham nearly made a quick response with Ollie Ebbage firing Etan Warne's free kick into the side netting.
However, Bowers gave themselves a two goal lead in the 77th minute when defender Richard Halle turned superbly on the edge of the box and beat home keeper Pride with a superb left foot curler.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 4 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
Minutes later Pride reacted sharply to turn Warner's header for a corner. Dereham created a chance with Beaumont and Warne combining well to set up Jamie Forshaw but his shot was blocked. In the final minute Warner blazed just off target.
Dereham: Pride, Johnson, Quantrell, Hinton, Ebbage, Frary, Beaumont, Smith, Gatting, Crisp (Tinkler 45), Wengrizk (Warne 38). Subs not used: J Forshaw.
Bowers: Wilton, Sammons, Stephen, Stokes, Halle, Leahy, Monville, Sartain, Manor, Warner, Thomas. Subs not used: Clark, McCoy, Hine, Knight, Hurst.
Referee: Mr O Morris-Saunders