Dereham Taverners take on Castle Acre Swifts Reserves in battle for Norfolk Primary Cup
- Credit: Archant
The Norfolk Primary Cup – one of the oldest county cup competitions – takes place on Friday night with reigning champions Dereham Taverners taking on Castle Acre Swifts Reserves.
Taverners are currently pushing for promotion from Division Two of the Central and South Norfolk League after a very impressive season.
This excellent form in the league will give the team plenty of confidence ahead of the game.
Castle Acre Swifts Reserves, who play in the same division, have also had a good season as they currently sit just a few places below Dereham in the table.
Taverners began their cup run with a 4-0 home win over Ingoldisthorpe Reserves followed by a 9-0 victory over Watlington FC. Longham FC were beaten 5-0 before a 5-3 semi-final win over Belton FC Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Friday's final at the FDC in Bowthorpe kicks off at 7.30pm. Tickets are £5 adults and £3 for concessions.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder