Dereham and Gorleston agree late switch for friendly
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have moved quickly to ensure fans get to see games at their home ground by agreeing a venue switch for their latest pre-season friendly this weekend.
The Magpies will host Thurlow Nunn Premier Division Gorleston (3pm kick-off) on Saturday.
This follows Wednesday’s announcement regarding fans being allowed back into grounds below the National League level.
Clubs need to host a home game, before August 30, with entry allowed for a number not exceeding 15pc of their capacity to be eligible to raise that to 30pc after the end of the month. Dereham didn’t have a home game scheduled – but Gorleston have agreed to the late swap.
“We thank Gorleston for their co-operation and help with this switch at late notice,” said a club spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham are expected to release further information regarding fans’ attendance on Friday.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner