Dereham look to return to winning form against strugglers
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham will be looking to end a mini winless streak this afternoon.
The Magpies are without a win in three games, picking up just two points from draws at Wroxham and then at home to VCD Athletic before a midweek loss to Thurrock. However, that 3-1 reverse on Tuesday saw Dereham forced to field an under-strength side and they will be hoping to flex a few muscles against Great Wakering this afternoon.
Rovers are on a terrible run at the moment – they have lost their last six games, including their last five in the league – and have conceded 20 goals in the process.
However, if they want to look for positives, their last win came on their last visit to Norfolk – when they won 3-1 at Wroxham on October 1.
Since then they have slipped down to third from bottom and manager Gary Ansell has quit.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham are 14th in the table and should be confident of taking the points. Aldiss Park has been a fairly happy hunting ground for them this season, with just two defeats in eight home games.
A lack of goals – just 19 in 16 outings this season – needs to be fixed, though, especially as a good run of form could quickly see Matt Henman's team up among the leaders with just 10 points separating them from top spot.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham