Dereham have one eye on play-offs following good recent run
- Credit: Archant
In-form Dereham Town will look to continue their fine form when they host mid-table Phoenix Sports – with a play-off place still a possibility.
Lewis Butcher's late header earned the Magpies their fourth league win on the bounce on Tuesday night, when they beat Maldon & Tiptree at Aldiss Park.
Matt Henman's side are unbeaten in eight matches in all competitions and are now just four points adrift of the top five.
Phoenix travel to Norfolk from east London for the second weekend in a row, having lost 2-1 at Wroxham last Saturday. Sports are looking to avoid a third defeat on the bounce, having slipped to 14th in the table.
However, they did beat the Magpies 3-2 in the reverse fixture in October, winning the game with a clever free-kick late in the game.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Crisp scored Dereham's other goals against Tiptree in midweek, equalising in the first half and firing the hosts in front after the break.
The Magpies return to action on Monday when they travel to another mid-table side, Soham Town Rangers, as the season quickly hits the finishing straight.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront