Dereham get back to winning ways
Dereham Town got back to winning ways with an impressive performance against lowly Ware at Aldiss Park.
In the sixth minute a 40-yard free- kick from Gary Starling struck the base of the Ware post before Luke Tuttle had a header ruled out for offside from Danny Beaumont's cross.
Harry Larner was lucky only to receive a yellow card for a poor challenge on Aaron Kay in the 13th minute as the visitors were struggling to match Dereham's early tempo.
The Magpies made their pressure pay in the 20th minute when Danny Beaumont picked up Kay's wayward shot and lifted it over keeper Rhys Madden before slotting home.
Shaun Bammant fired over the top from close range after a superb run by Nicky Howell. Howell then put Luke Tuttle through and the prolific striker skilfully lifted the ball over the advancing keeper to increase the lead in the 34th minute.
You may also want to watch:
It should have been 3-0 minutes later as Howell side-footed wide when presented with an open goal. The home dominance continued with Adam Smith picking out Bammant who saw his chip land just over Madden's crossbar.
At the start of the second period Bammant missed a good chance before being upended in the box. Aaron Kay drilled home from the spot to give Dereham a commanding lead in the 50th minute.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
Ware keeper Madden did well to keep out Beaumont's low drive as the home side threatened again. The visitors Anstead fired over the top when well placed following Ironton's centre from the right.
Madden made another good save to deny Olly Willis but Nicky Howell was on hand to net the rebound in the 63rd minute.
Dereham keeper Andy Wilton made two fine saves before Leigh Rose pulled a goal back for the visitors in the 68th minute.