Dereham firm is up for the cup
A Dereham sports kit and trophies firm which has seen a huge rise in business in its first two years is celebrating today after agreeing a major new partnership with the Norfolk County Football Association.
4trophies is part of the 4sports group – based on the town's Rash's Green Industrial Estate – and the deal which initially runs for two years will see it become the organisation's official trophy supplier.
The partnership covers the Norfolk FA's range of events running throughout the year including the annual Soccer on the Sands beach football tournament in Great Yarmouth, the FDC Youth Cup, the County 5IVES football programme, and the 10 Norfolk county cup competitions, three of which have historically culminated at the home of Norwich City, Carrow Road.
A delighted Gary Cockaday, owner of the 4sports group, said: 'This is a significant partnership opportunity and a massive endorsement for us.
'Everyone at 4sports is delighted and our team headed by Harry Murfet has taken huge pride in supplying various FA competitions since our inception in 2008 and to have their work recognised in this way is proof of their excellence and determination to be the best.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the company, which has five staff, supplied 10,000 trophies in its first year and 15,000 in the second year and the number is certain to rocket thanks to the new deal.
Mr Cockaday added: 'We are proud of every relationship that we have, supplying many clubs and associations across sports with everything from be-spoke medals to cups. We hope to work with many more clubs as a result of this partnership.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
Norfolk FA chief executive Shaun Turner said: 'We are delighted to be working in partnership with 4trophies. At the foundation of this partnership is the superb working relationship that has been built with the team at 4sports, since its inception in 2008. This agreement also reaffirms our desire to establish long-term partnerships with companies local to Norfolk and relevant to grassroots football.'
All clubs affiliated to the Norfolk FA are being e-mailed to tell them about the new partnership.