Huge challenge for Magpies as all-conquering Basildon head to Aldiss Park
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham Town face the sternest possible test today of their ability to bounce back from disappointment on Saturday afternoon.
The Magpies are keen to put the memories of a 3-0 midweek defeat at Mildenhall behind them, but to do so they need to end the 100pc record of table-toppers Basildon United.
The leaders head to Aldiss Park with six wins out of six and they already have a five-point advantage over second-placed Maldon & Tiptree.
Dereham boss Neal Simmons is able to welcome back strikers Danny Beaumont and Joe Gatting into his squad.
Talented youngster Owen Murphy came on for the closing minutes at Mildenhall, after recovering from his broken collarbone sustained in a pre-season friendly.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies looked to have two good penalty appeals turned down and two efforts cleared off the line on Tuesday but the home side deserved to win, a result which left Dereham 10th in the table.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named