Huge challenge for Magpies as all-conquering Basildon head to Aldiss Park
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham Town face the sternest possible test today of their ability to bounce back from disappointment on Saturday afternoon.
The Magpies are keen to put the memories of a 3-0 midweek defeat at Mildenhall behind them, but to do so they need to end the 100pc record of table-toppers Basildon United.
The leaders head to Aldiss Park with six wins out of six and they already have a five-point advantage over second-placed Maldon & Tiptree.
Dereham boss Neal Simmons is able to welcome back strikers Danny Beaumont and Joe Gatting into his squad.
Talented youngster Owen Murphy came on for the closing minutes at Mildenhall, after recovering from his broken collarbone sustained in a pre-season friendly.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies looked to have two good penalty appeals turned down and two efforts cleared off the line on Tuesday but the home side deserved to win, a result which left Dereham 10th in the table.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 7 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain