Dereham boss wants to turn performances into points
Matt Henman is calling on his Dereham Town side to turn their good performances of late into a much-needed three points when struggling Ware visit Aldiss Park this afternoon.
The Magpies go into the game with just one win in their last seven games in all competitions, but Henman is confident his squad can come out on top.
He said: 'The amount of points we have picked up of late doesn't reflect the performances that the lads have put in. We have played four or five of the most established and experienced sides in this league recently and we've proved that we can hold our own against any side.
'While Ware are coming into the game at the bottom of the table, we still need to put in just as much effort as we have in the last few games if we are going to get our rewards.
'We have set a high standard with our performances so far this season and we need to keep that up no matter who we are playing. We are lucky enough to have two home games in four days now, but we still have to work as hard as we did against the sides higher up the league if we are going to get our rewards.'
Henman is looking to add to his squad, with a left-sided player a priority.
'We are still awaiting international clearance for Michael Sommerfield, which will certainly help us out a lot,' he said.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 7 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 8 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
'But we are still looking to try and find a left-sided player which is something we have identified as a position we need to add balance and give us extra options.'