Dereham boss desperate to land Norwich City tie
Dereham Town manager Matty Henman is hoping it will be third time lucky this weekend as the Magpies look to finally play their Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-final match at Blofield United this afternoon (1.45pm).
The tie has already been postponed twice and Dereham now have the added incentive of a pre-season re-match against Norwich City who made it through to the semi-finals at the expense of Norwich United on Monday night. 'It's an incentive certainly, but we will impress upon the boys not to look beyond the game against Blofield,' said Henman, who realises the Anglian Combination side will be out to claim the scalp of a side who have won the competition twice before.
'Blofield are a good side and it will be a tough game on what is a tight and most likely heavy pitch. Our players will be able to handle the pressure, they've been there before.
'We know that if we play to our capabilities then we should have enough to get through to the next round. That doesn't mean to say we will underestimate United.
'Blofield will be hoping that they play out of their skins and we have an off day,' he added. Henman saw a few of the senior squad have an outing in the reserves against Needham Market Reserves at the weekend and is planning to have a pre-season style training session in mid-week to shake off any rust from not having had a competitive match in the last couple of weeks.
You may also want to watch:
'We've got a young squad and we shouldn't have any fitness issues whatsoever,' said Henman.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash