Dereham and Fakenham youth scene

DEREHAM WANDERERS U14 GIRLS travelled to Thorpe Rec to take on Norwich City on a very wet morning. The pitch was only just playable and was very boggy but made for a close game. Dereham had an early chance superbly saved by the Norwich keeper but shortly afterwards Lanti hit another cracking shot from the edge of the area that this time gave the keeper no chance. Dereham seemed to create most of the chances but found the Norwich defence in determined mood. Lily capitalised on a mix-up between defender and keeper right on the stroke of half-time and through the persistence of Lily, Bea fired home from close range, giving Dereham a 2-0 lead. Dereham extended their lead early in the second half. Again great persistence and desire from Bea created an opening for Lanti to finish. Norwich struck back with a goal but Dereham's defence held tight, supremely led by player of the match Joy. It was another tremendous team effort. Channie, Ellen, Becka, Georgy, Robyn and Chelsea all deserve a mention too.

DEREHAM U15 faced a tricky fixture at Sprowston on February 20. Sprowston started the better and Cox had to make a good save to tip over a free-kick before Dereham could get into the game. Gradually Dereham started to dominate possession, with Howett causing Sprowston serious concerns on the right, but the final ball was often not good enough and chances were limited. Both Howett and Allen tested the Sprowston keeper from the edge of the area. In the second half Dereham started to pass the ball quicker and better, moving the Sprowston defence around much more. Laskey put Dereham ahead with a far-post finish from Williams' cross. The second goal did not arrive until the final quarter. It came from a fine finish by Howett, who ran onto Williams' weighted pass and tucked the ball under the keeper. Dereham kept Sprowston at arm's length whilst always looking dangerous themselves. Skipper added a fine third goal with 10 minutes remaining. Sprowston 0, Dereham Town 3. Man of the match: Andy Skipper.

LITCHAM U13 played Heigham Park Rangers in a league fixture. Heigham tried really hard to play some decent football but it was Litcham who scored first with a fantastic left-foot shot from Ben that the keeper had no chance of stopping. Kai scored the first of his three goals and Litcham pressed with more possession and some nice inter-play down the left. Felix scored from close range and Ben scored his second. Heigham's quick forwards were intercepted and tackled well by the Litcham midfield and defence. With a final score of 6-0 Litcham controlled the game, with many players competing out of their usual positions to make sure the whole squad had plenty of time on the pitch.

You may also want to watch:

DEREHAM U11 continued their terrific when they entertained Jex at Aldiss Park and repeated the scoreline of their earlier away match with an 8-1 victory. Dereham are now undefeated in 20 league and cup games. However, the scoreline hides the fact that they have started the last few games slowly and were lucky to have an extended first half. The first half eventually ended with Dereham taking a 2-0 lead with goals from Logan and a superb Jake free-kick. Whatever the team talk was at half-time, it worked. Harrison scored another hat-trick and further goals from Logan, Czarek and Will made the finial score 8-1. Joint MoM: Chris and Sam.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter