Denmark’s delight as Bears sink teeth into Royals
JUNIOR CARTER CUP: Lewis Denmark smashed 167 as Bradenham Bears closed in on a place in the Junior Carter Cup quarter-finals with a 110-run win against Dersingham Royals.
Joe Peveritt fired 50 for the Royals in reply to Bradenham's 262 for five, but Ryan Adcock took three for 14 as the Bears moved to the top of Zone One.
Fakenham Barons and Dereham Jaguars will now battle it out to also reach the last eight when they meet on Wednesday.
In Zone Two, Bradfield Bulls clinched second place with a one-wicket win at Norwich Dragons.
Oliver Sutton hit 78 in Norwich's 217 all out, with Charlie Harkness taking three for 17, before M Seago (54) helped Bradfield to a narrow win, despite Frankie Sutton's three for 24.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Dismore made 43 for Horsford Knights as they sealed top spot with a 77-run win over Broadland Broncos.
Great Melton Phoenix finished top of Zone Three after their seven-wicket triumph at the expense of Lowestoft Lions.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
Nick Gristwood claimed four for 10 as the Lions stumbled to 114 all out before Chris Greenslade (64no) guided the Phoenix home.
Diss Mafia will also advance to the last eight after their five-wicket win at Hales Herd sealed second spot.
Zone Four will be finalised on Wednesday when Swardeston Sharks travel to Garboldisham Foxes.
• The semi-finals of the Mid Norfolk Sunday League's Challenge and Broke Cup competitions take place this Sunday.
Fakenham host Swardeston and Mundford are at home to Quebec in the Challenge Cup, while in the Broke Cup, Norwich travel to Hardingham and Terrington St Clement are at Swanton Morley.