Denmark’s delight as Bears sink teeth into Royals
JUNIOR CARTER CUP: Lewis Denmark smashed 167 as Bradenham Bears closed in on a place in the Junior Carter Cup quarter-finals with a 110-run win against Dersingham Royals.
Joe Peveritt fired 50 for the Royals in reply to Bradenham's 262 for five, but Ryan Adcock took three for 14 as the Bears moved to the top of Zone One.
Fakenham Barons and Dereham Jaguars will now battle it out to also reach the last eight when they meet on Wednesday.
In Zone Two, Bradfield Bulls clinched second place with a one-wicket win at Norwich Dragons.
Oliver Sutton hit 78 in Norwich's 217 all out, with Charlie Harkness taking three for 17, before M Seago (54) helped Bradfield to a narrow win, despite Frankie Sutton's three for 24.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Dismore made 43 for Horsford Knights as they sealed top spot with a 77-run win over Broadland Broncos.
Great Melton Phoenix finished top of Zone Three after their seven-wicket triumph at the expense of Lowestoft Lions.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
Nick Gristwood claimed four for 10 as the Lions stumbled to 114 all out before Chris Greenslade (64no) guided the Phoenix home.
Diss Mafia will also advance to the last eight after their five-wicket win at Hales Herd sealed second spot.
Zone Four will be finalised on Wednesday when Swardeston Sharks travel to Garboldisham Foxes.
• The semi-finals of the Mid Norfolk Sunday League's Challenge and Broke Cup competitions take place this Sunday.
Fakenham host Swardeston and Mundford are at home to Quebec in the Challenge Cup, while in the Broke Cup, Norwich travel to Hardingham and Terrington St Clement are at Swanton Morley.