Defending champions make safe passage
The first group stages of the Potters Leisure Resort mixed triples were played yesterday with last year's winners J Smith, D Lamb and R Lamb (Halvergate Top Green) winning two games and drawing one to qualify.
In their group G Burke, C Jones and D Green also won two and drew one, while R Carter, M Flattman and W Willgress won all three to qualify – as did J Shepherd, B Manning and A Byford. Last year's runner-up D Cole, E Cole and P Webb won their three games 18-4, 12-9 and 10-9. J Turner, A and M Tortice qualified, winning two 16-10 and 15-6, and drawing 9-9 in the other. In one group M Turner's mixed triple won all their games to qualify but the runner-up had to be decided on shots, with J Cave, C and J Bedford progressing.
J Stone, B Brister and Steve Simpson qualified but in their game against M Hayton, G Mason and R Hayton they scored a full house.
Singles winner John Tufts playing with sister Lucy and father Michael won their three games 10-9, 12-5 and 10-4. A Roberts, Z Roberts and K Taylor qualified after winning their first game of 10 ends 31-3. The Caister triple of M and G Haylett with T Armes won their first and last games to go through.
Other qualifiers: P Scott, J Downie and P Thorpe; D and J Barber, with J Carter; A Allen, J Carr and A Hill; N and Y Gant, with T Jermy; L and W Willimot, with J Cater; R Mitchell, J Tuttle and E Davison; M Beck, S Smith and C Dunn; K Comer, P Smith and S Moore; J and T White, with M Topping; R Hart, S White and S Crysell; T Gibson, S Hardingham and B Wilson; P and M Clutterbuck, with I Williams; D Bryan, L Tattersall and L Foster; P and R Groom, with D Ramsey; K Woolston, J Long and A Hutt; D and Y Brealey, with V Thrower; P and H Wilkinson, with N Wilkinson; A Davis, R Field with R Yaxley; B and J Kirby, with B Grint; R and L Duff, with T Miller.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach