Defeats for title hopefuls Acle and County Arts A
- Credit: Archant � 2010
The destination of this year's Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League title is still unclear with both of the top two teams in Division One failing to win.
Acle A managed to draw 77 shots apiece away at Diss A, with the top rink honours being shared by the home rink skipped by Kevin Baker 32-13 and the away rink skipped by Ian Wones 28-9.
Meanwhile, second-placed County Arts A lost away to Beccles by 85 shots to 67, Ian Catchpole's rink winning 26-15.
Gallow A won at home to Wymondham A by 85 shots to 77, Richard Mason's rink winning 25-13, and Lynnsport A won at home to Norfolk BC A by 78 shots to 67, Peter Chestney's rink winning 31-12.
It is just as tight at the top of Division Two, where just two points separate the top four teams.
Leaders Shotford A lost at County Arts B 82-75, and that was despite their rink skipped by P Wright winning 33-15.
Woodlands A lost away to Acle B by 86 shots to 81, top rink honours being shared by Brian Grint for the home team 25-17 and Keith Medlar for the away team 26-18. Pentney A lost away to Dereham A by 86 shots to 59, Roger Rudling's rink winning 29-10.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
In Division Three (Central), Norfolk BC B won at home to Dereham B 107-72, John Slaughter's rink winning 35-20, and North Walsham won away at Wymondham C by 95 shots to 55, Tony Elvin's rink winning 29-13.
In Division Three (South) Roundwood B won at home to Norfolk BC C 90-55, Chris Binns' rink winning 31-9.
In the Norfolk CIBA Top Ten League, Woodlands beat Browston Hall 83-65 and Pentney beat Acle 80-62.
The Top Ten Championship will be decided in the final game between Browston Hall and Pentney on Sunday April 2, with Pentney requiring 4½ points to take the title.
In their latest Inter-County friendly game played at Diss & District IBC, Norfolk CIBA beat Essex CIBA by 118 shots to 57. Rink scores: Richard Andrews, Derek Boswell, David Riches & Ray Cutting won 35-9, Russell Addison, Paul Groom, David Aldous & Roger Greef lost 17-20, Malcolm French, Jim Malcolm, Bryan Barnes and Tony Dunton won 37-13, Mick Green, Peter Cottee, Richard Brinded and Peter Hurren won 29-15.