Murray leaves sour taste for Planters
- Credit: Archant
A Michael Murray hat-trick condemned Norwich United to a second consecutive defeat.
Liam Jackson had a header blocked and Adam Hipperson saw his shot tipped over by Berkley Laurencin before the hosts took a 35th-minute lead, Andrew Lomas' shot from an acute angle was only pushed out by Andy Wilton and Murray was on hand to shoot home.
The Planters responded well and four minutes later were level, Tim Henery squeezing the ball home at the far post from Jackson's left-wing cross.
Murray restored the Scholars lead two minutes later, however, sweeping home George Nicholas' cross.
Murray completed his hat-trick on the hour, his shot taking a deflection past Wilton, and five minutes later his free-kick was headed home by Steve Brown.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Nathan Stewart, Matt Brown and Jackson were all denied by Laurencin as the Planters finished strongly with no reward.
Potters Bar Town: Laurencin, Doyle, Lomas, O'Leary, Brown, Boxer, Costa (Sota 69), Adcock (Baird 75), Murray, Nicholas, Casey (Ogunsola 69). Subs not used: Benavides-Martinez, Marsh.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
Planters: Wilton, Probert, Brown, Applegate (Jones 75), Wones, Watts, Henery (Pollock 84), Speller, Hipperson, Jackson, Sanusi (Stewart 64). Subs not used: Lapite, Mackie.
Referee: Andreas Anastasiou.