Murray leaves sour taste for Planters
- Credit: Archant
A Michael Murray hat-trick condemned Norwich United to a second consecutive defeat.
Liam Jackson had a header blocked and Adam Hipperson saw his shot tipped over by Berkley Laurencin before the hosts took a 35th-minute lead, Andrew Lomas' shot from an acute angle was only pushed out by Andy Wilton and Murray was on hand to shoot home.
The Planters responded well and four minutes later were level, Tim Henery squeezing the ball home at the far post from Jackson's left-wing cross.
Murray restored the Scholars lead two minutes later, however, sweeping home George Nicholas' cross.
Murray completed his hat-trick on the hour, his shot taking a deflection past Wilton, and five minutes later his free-kick was headed home by Steve Brown.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Nathan Stewart, Matt Brown and Jackson were all denied by Laurencin as the Planters finished strongly with no reward.
Potters Bar Town: Laurencin, Doyle, Lomas, O'Leary, Brown, Boxer, Costa (Sota 69), Adcock (Baird 75), Murray, Nicholas, Casey (Ogunsola 69). Subs not used: Benavides-Martinez, Marsh.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
Planters: Wilton, Probert, Brown, Applegate (Jones 75), Wones, Watts, Henery (Pollock 84), Speller, Hipperson, Jackson, Sanusi (Stewart 64). Subs not used: Lapite, Mackie.
Referee: Andreas Anastasiou.