Defeat again for improving Magpies
Harleston Magpies 1, Loughborough Students 2Following two heavy defeats, there were signs of improvement for the Magpies on Saturday as they were narrowly beaten at home by Loughborough.
Harleston Magpies 1, Loughborough Students 2
Following two heavy defeats, there were signs of improvement for the Magpies on Saturday as they were narrowly beaten at home by Loughborough.
The Magpies started strongly and pressed the visitors hard in the opening 10 minutes, with Cherry Seaborn and Angie Wheelhouse, supported by Laura Parker, threatening to open up the Loughborough defence.
But all the early good work was wasted when, with their first real attack, Loughborough took the lead as the Magpies failed to clear their lines.
You may also want to watch:
Within a few minutes, the home side were back on level terms as they won a penalty corner and Artemis Clark struck a fierce shot beyond the Loughborough keeper.
With confidence renewed, the Magpies continued to control the first half, but crucially they were unable to add to their score.
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
Loughborough made a good start to the second period, but with Helen Brook playing solidly at the back, the Magpies initially kept the visitors at bay.
But the pressure eventually told as Loughborough netted another goal which was disappointing from the Magpies' viewpoint.
The home side then worked hard to get themselves back into the game and came agonisingly close to a last minute equaliser from a free hit, but Loughborough held on to inflict the Magpies' third successive defeat.
This Saturday, Magpies continue to hunt for their first point of the campaign as they travel to face University of Durham.