Davis Cup Trophy Tour is coming to Norwich
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Further details about the Davis Cup Trophy Tour's arrival in Norwich have been confirmed.
The imposing trophy, won by Great Britain last November for the first time in 79 years, will be at the UEA Sportspark between 10am and 5pm on Friday, May 20.
The trophy will be on display in the Sportspark foyer, where there will be opportunities for photographs.
Mini tennis taster sessions will also be on offer throughout the day, with skills sessions delivered by the Davis Cup legacy coaching team.
The free events have been organised by the Lawn Tennis Association, which has already seen 30,000 children sign up for free tennis sessions across the country, with hundreds of youngsters in Norfolk taking part in a six-week coaching programme.
You may also want to watch:
Maria Rowe, director of UEA Sportspark, said: 'We are thrilled to have been chosen to be a part of this very special Davis Cup Trophy Tour. To allow the local community to share the successes of the GB team has already driven an increased passion and enthusiasm for tennis in the area.
'On behalf of everyone at UEA Sportspark, thanks to the LTA for allowing us to be a part of this momentous achievement.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
For further information, visit: www.lta.org.uk/daviscuplegacy.