Davies plays key role with bat and ball
Richie Davies starred with bat and ball as Norfolk Over-60s beat Suffolk by three wickets at Dereham.
Norfolk dropped five sharp chances as Suffolk, put into bat, made 192.
It was only when the off-breaks of Davies were introduced that Norfolk started to make inroads. He removed both Bond (49) and Morgan (34) and ended up with three wickets for 25.
Norfolk started like a train with Paul Rice (34) and Martin Pearse putting on 75 in 16 overs, but Pearse's dismissal on 42 left them with 105 to get in 25 overs.
Five more wickets fell but Davies kept his head and his 42 not out ensured victory.
• Norfolk Over-50s reached the ECB national play-offs at the earliest opportunity, making it five wins out of five with a brilliant team performance against Lincolnshire at North Runcton.
Lincs chose to bat and made 189 for seven from 45 overs, Taylor making 74 and Johnson an unbeaten 42. Lester (2-24) and Bushell (3-27) were the pick of the bowlers, with spinner Andy King (1-17) giving valuable support.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 10 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
Norfolk's opening trio were all back in the pavilion for a total of 20, but John Lund looked in command until he was brilliantly caught one-handed for 30, Eddie Weber smashed 30 in double-quick time, Kevin Ross made 27 and Andy King 24.
Bernie Everett's temperament proved just perfect as his 40 not out sent Norfolk into the play-offs, still with Cambridgeshire to play at Sawston on June 29 and Leicestershire at Syston on July 7.