Davey ready to dash for record crown
Swaffham's Davey Cox will be looking to be crowned banger world champion for a record breaking fourth time when he contests the biggest 2L Banger Race of the season at the Norfolk Arena on Saturday (6.30pm).
Cox will be defending his title from pole position and will be one of the pre-meeting favourites to take the title – although it will be far from easy, with 120 drivers booked for action and all determined to come home with the gold roof.
Other local drivers who will stand a good chance of success include Terry Garrod (Swaffham) who has hit top form recently and will be starting on the third row.
There is also a surprisingly strong presence of predators on the grid with Ricky Twell, Luke Allen plus Tom and Jay Chilton all having qualified for the big race.
Other locals involved include Jack and Ashley Garrod (both Swaffham).
Racing also comes from the 2L stock cars with Willie Skoyles Jnr (Heachem) and Lee Sampson (Lynn) among the big entry of cars.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance