Davey ready to dash for record crown
Swaffham's Davey Cox will be looking to be crowned banger world champion for a record breaking fourth time when he contests the biggest 2L Banger Race of the season at the Norfolk Arena on Saturday (6.30pm).
Cox will be defending his title from pole position and will be one of the pre-meeting favourites to take the title – although it will be far from easy, with 120 drivers booked for action and all determined to come home with the gold roof.
Other local drivers who will stand a good chance of success include Terry Garrod (Swaffham) who has hit top form recently and will be starting on the third row.
There is also a surprisingly strong presence of predators on the grid with Ricky Twell, Luke Allen plus Tom and Jay Chilton all having qualified for the big race.
Other locals involved include Jack and Ashley Garrod (both Swaffham).
You may also want to watch:
Racing also comes from the 2L stock cars with Willie Skoyles Jnr (Heachem) and Lee Sampson (Lynn) among the big entry of cars.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project