Norwich’s Darren Webster sets up Michael Van Gerwen clash at Unibet World Grand Prix
- Credit: LAWRENCE LUSTIG
Norwich's Darren Webster will meet Michael Van Gerwen on Tuesday evening in the second round Unibet World Grand Prix after seeing off Stephen Bunting 2-0.
Webster won every leg and produced the highest average of anyone on the opening night of 98.02 during his impressive victory.
The 50-year-old will be the underdog against Van Gerwen, who brushed aside Irisman Steve Lennon in the opening round 2-0.
The world number one famously crashed out at the first round stage last year and was pleased to avoid a repeat this time round.
'At least I won my first round game this year!' said Van Gerwen, who enjoyed his first win in a televised ranking event since the World Championship.
You may also want to watch:
'It was a strange game because my scoring wasn't great but my doubling was pretty good which is a good sign. I'm always doing my best but I'm only human. The performances are there and I'm sure the wins will come.'
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 8 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out