Danny Emmington could be a ‘gem’ for King’s Lynn Town as they head to Biggleswade Town
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell believes the club may have unearthed 'a bit of a gem' in Danny Emmington.
The 21-year-old made his debut during the Linnets' 2-1 win at Chesham on Saturday and looks set to keep his place in the side for the trip to Biggleswade Town tonight.
Emmington looked right at home in Lynn's back four after arriving this summer from Wisbech St Mary and Setchell hopes the youngster can continue to show why he was brought to The Walks.
'He's only going to get better - his distribution was good, his defending was good and his talking was magnificent. It's early days but we might have unearthed a bit of a gem in him.'
Lynn had to show their mettle at Chesham and will have to do the same again this evening at Biggleswade, who will be looking to bounce back from a 2-0 defeat at Frome on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Setchell meanwhile believes the club is being rewarded for keeping faith with the current squad.
'We've had two poor performances this season and we got crucified for them,' he said. 'Rightly so, because we were very poor but over the course of the next nine games if we play poorly in two of them then we would probably take that.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
'I'm really proud of this team.'