City of Norwich AC star Dani Nimmock helps England to bronze medal at Commonwealth Games Half Marathon Championships
- Credit: Archant
City of Norwich athlete Dani Nimmock helped England to a bronze medal at the inaugural Commonwealth Games Half Marathon Championships in Cardiff.
Nimmock, who on the Greater Manchester Marathon earlier this year, was in good form as she finished 13th lady overall in a time of 74.28 - just 15 seconds outside her personal best, which she set at the Big Half Marathon in March.
Nimmock was part of a four-woman England team that was led home by Tracy Barlow, who finished fifth overall with a new personal best of 72:17.
Gemma Steel was 10th in 73:48 and Lucy Reid 11th in 73:49 and with Nimmock's result it was enough for England to pick up the silver medal.
Uganda's Juliet Chekwel won the race, helping her country to pick up the gold medal whilst Australia won the silver.
Nimmock is next in action in an England vest at the Franfurt Marathon later this month.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge