City of Norwich AC star Dani Nimmock helps England to bronze medal at Commonwealth Games Half Marathon Championships
- Credit: Archant
City of Norwich athlete Dani Nimmock helped England to a bronze medal at the inaugural Commonwealth Games Half Marathon Championships in Cardiff.
Nimmock, who on the Greater Manchester Marathon earlier this year, was in good form as she finished 13th lady overall in a time of 74.28 - just 15 seconds outside her personal best, which she set at the Big Half Marathon in March.
Nimmock was part of a four-woman England team that was led home by Tracy Barlow, who finished fifth overall with a new personal best of 72:17.
Gemma Steel was 10th in 73:48 and Lucy Reid 11th in 73:49 and with Nimmock's result it was enough for England to pick up the silver medal.
Uganda's Juliet Chekwel won the race, helping her country to pick up the gold medal whilst Australia won the silver.
You may also want to watch:
Nimmock is next in action in an England vest at the Franfurt Marathon later this month.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region