Dan’s the man for us: Gary Setchell hails King’s Lynn Town ace Jacob
- Credit: Ian Burt
Hat-trick hero Dan Jacob will pose a threat for King's Lynn Town wherever he plays this season, according to Gary Setchell.
The left-footed talent signed for the Linnets at the back end of last season and bagged five goals in nine appearances to help his new club win the Evo-Stik Division One South title.
Even an ankle operation in the summer has failed to slow the rapid player's progress as he netted his first treble for Lynn during Tuesday's 6-0 annihilation of Rushall Olympic.
And Setchell insists that the attacker, nicknamed Breezy, will continue to blow defences away at Step Three this season.
Setchell, whose men host Stocksbridge Park Steels this afternoon, said: 'He is a threat, whether he's out wide or through the middle, and for him to get a hat-trick on Tuesday just replicated his pre-season form.
You may also want to watch:
'He came in, was one of the hardest trainers pre-season, had his ankle op and pushed himself to the limits to make sure he was right for the start.
'His performance, and his two finishes with his right foot – and the other one off his back – was a real first-class display of finishing.'
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 9 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 10 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
The 25-year-old former St Neots Town ace is hoping to be involved again today even though he is playing through the pain barrier after suffering a suspected broken toe.