Dan’s the man for us: Gary Setchell hails King’s Lynn Town ace Jacob
- Credit: Ian Burt
Hat-trick hero Dan Jacob will pose a threat for King's Lynn Town wherever he plays this season, according to Gary Setchell.
The left-footed talent signed for the Linnets at the back end of last season and bagged five goals in nine appearances to help his new club win the Evo-Stik Division One South title.
Even an ankle operation in the summer has failed to slow the rapid player's progress as he netted his first treble for Lynn during Tuesday's 6-0 annihilation of Rushall Olympic.
And Setchell insists that the attacker, nicknamed Breezy, will continue to blow defences away at Step Three this season.
Setchell, whose men host Stocksbridge Park Steels this afternoon, said: 'He is a threat, whether he's out wide or through the middle, and for him to get a hat-trick on Tuesday just replicated his pre-season form.
'He came in, was one of the hardest trainers pre-season, had his ankle op and pushed himself to the limits to make sure he was right for the start.
'His performance, and his two finishes with his right foot – and the other one off his back – was a real first-class display of finishing.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 5 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 6 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
The 25-year-old former St Neots Town ace is hoping to be involved again today even though he is playing through the pain barrier after suffering a suspected broken toe.