Damian Hilton replaces Paul Chick as Norwich United manager
Damian Hilton has been named as the new manager of Thurlow Nunn Premier Division outfit Norwich United following the departure of Paul Chick.
Hilton took charge for the first time last night as the Planters entertained Gorleston and it was not a happy start, with the visitors winning 2-1.
Chick called it a day after Saturday's game against Walsham le Willows, which ended in a 2-2 draw, because he is moving out of the area.
Chairman John Hilditch moved swiftly to fill the vacant post by bringing in Hilton, the former Norwich City youth striker who has had managerial experience at step five level, having taken charge of Wroxham when Bruce Cunningham left the club.
Hilton will have some familiar faces to work with as Justin Fox, Shaun Howes and new addition Danny White are all former Wroxham players.
You may also want to watch:
Hilton's first match in charge ended in defeat after Bradley Hough netted an 85th minute winner for Gorleston following good work by Liam Harvey-Cooper.
United had gone into the break 1-0 up courtesy of George Wilson's finish from a Fox free-kick, only for the Greens to get back on level terms in the 63rd minute when Ali McKenna produced a neat finish.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water