Damian Hilton replaces Paul Chick as Norwich United manager
Damian Hilton has been named as the new manager of Thurlow Nunn Premier Division outfit Norwich United following the departure of Paul Chick.
Hilton took charge for the first time last night as the Planters entertained Gorleston and it was not a happy start, with the visitors winning 2-1.
Chick called it a day after Saturday's game against Walsham le Willows, which ended in a 2-2 draw, because he is moving out of the area.
Chairman John Hilditch moved swiftly to fill the vacant post by bringing in Hilton, the former Norwich City youth striker who has had managerial experience at step five level, having taken charge of Wroxham when Bruce Cunningham left the club.
Hilton will have some familiar faces to work with as Justin Fox, Shaun Howes and new addition Danny White are all former Wroxham players.
You may also want to watch:
Hilton's first match in charge ended in defeat after Bradley Hough netted an 85th minute winner for Gorleston following good work by Liam Harvey-Cooper.
United had gone into the break 1-0 up courtesy of George Wilson's finish from a Fox free-kick, only for the Greens to get back on level terms in the 63rd minute when Ali McKenna produced a neat finish.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school