D-day for Cromer’s Ridgeons ambitions
In the Ridgeons Leagues the title races have been keenly-contested this season with Leiston, Dereham and Wroxham all in the mix in the Premier.
The same is true for The Ridgeons League Division One; Cambridge University Press, Diss Town, Whitton United and new leaders Gorleston are all in with a shout of getting their names on the coveted trophy.
However, this is definitely not the case in the Anglian Combination where Cromer Town are running away with the title. The Crabs are currently 11 points clear of nearest challengers Norwich St John with only nine games of the season remaining.
Cromer's amazing season has been based on an extremely solid defence, having only conceded 26 times this season. More impressive than this is The Crabs' incredible strike rate - plundering 62 goals so far this season, an average of almost three a game.
When what looks like the inevitable happens and Cromer are crowned champions they have a huge decision to make - whether or not to progress one rung on the non-league ladder and join the Ridgeons setup.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer, who last won the Anglian Combination Premier in 2006 would, subject to a successful application to join Ridgeons Division One, replace the team who finishes bottom, which at present would appear to Cornard United who are cut adrift.
It is a huge decision for Cromer but as they look to finish off a dominant season in style they must feel they are ready for the step up to a higher league and more than capable of dealing with the demands of life in the Ridgeons.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 9 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront