Cycling Club Breckland hands out its annual prizes
Cycling Club Breckland honoured its prize winners at a dinner at the Richmond Golf Club in Watton, an event notable for the first presentation of their new Clubman of the Year cup.
This is in memory of Tony Reynolds, clubman par excellence, and went to Simon Atherton.
Alongside this was the Breckland's Service to the Club award which this year went to Val Hester, who amongst several other jobs was organiser of the dinner.
Guests of Honour were Keith Harrison and Sue Gatehouse, organisers in several capacities for Audax UK, the long distance cyclists' association.
Keith talked of his experiences with the running of London-Edinburgh-London, the 1,400km event that received a full field of one thousand entries within 24 hours of opening for business, and of the impact of the recent growth of interest in cycling on more grassroots events – like the Norfolk Nips series of 100km winter events. Go to www.norfolkngoodaudax.com if you would like to know more.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Don Saunders was MC and a long list of racing award-winners was headed by Club Champion Roger Graham.
Next morning club members gathered at Berry Lane, Honingham for their annual hill climb and freewheeling competition where Harvey Hall was the fastest club member uphill and Emily Davis went furthest downhill.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 5 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 6 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 9 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home
The East and South-East Regional Cross Championships are to be held on a new course at Trinity Park, Ipswich on Sunday, December 8. Details are at www.easterncross.org.uk