CWA Fury ‘not scared’ of Thunder ahead of big National League play-off semi-final at Barking
- Credit: Archant
CWA Fury know another special play-off display tonight will take them to within touching distance of promotion.
King's Lynn's National League Division Four (East Midlands) outfit head to Barking and Dagenham Thunder in confident mood for their big semi-final having already seen off much-fancied duo Brunel University Ducks (91-82 at home) and Brentwood Fire (85-73 away) in the end-of-season shoot-out.
'We didn't really put it all together like we have now,' said head coach James Bamfield, whose side finished third in the table during the regular term, a place behind Thunder.
'With the team playing the way it is I think we're not scared of anyone. I have a lot of faith in the team. We've got guys who are very mentally tough and I think we've proven that (in the play-offs).
'We lost to Dagenham twice in the regular season but we came away from both of those games feeling like we let ourselves down.'
The winners will play either Oxford Brookes Uni or Doncaster Danum Eagles in the final at Sheffield's English Institute of Sport on Saturday.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 6 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 7 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 8 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 9 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 10 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found