CWA Fury ‘not scared’ of Thunder ahead of big National League play-off semi-final at Barking
- Credit: Archant
CWA Fury know another special play-off display tonight will take them to within touching distance of promotion.
King's Lynn's National League Division Four (East Midlands) outfit head to Barking and Dagenham Thunder in confident mood for their big semi-final having already seen off much-fancied duo Brunel University Ducks (91-82 at home) and Brentwood Fire (85-73 away) in the end-of-season shoot-out.
'We didn't really put it all together like we have now,' said head coach James Bamfield, whose side finished third in the table during the regular term, a place behind Thunder.
'With the team playing the way it is I think we're not scared of anyone. I have a lot of faith in the team. We've got guys who are very mentally tough and I think we've proven that (in the play-offs).
'We lost to Dagenham twice in the regular season but we came away from both of those games feeling like we let ourselves down.'
You may also want to watch:
The winners will play either Oxford Brookes Uni or Doncaster Danum Eagles in the final at Sheffield's English Institute of Sport on Saturday.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham