Cup match update: Weather causes day’s third non-league postponement
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The third of five scheduled matches involving our area's semi-professional clubs this evening has been called off.
First, National League North Lowestoft Town's trip to Haverhill Rovers in the Suffolk Premier Cup quarter-finals fell foul of the wet weather. The match has been rearranged for next Tuesday (December 1).
Then King's Lynn Town Reserves' second attempt at hosting Downham Town in the Norfolk Senior Cup was shelved because of a waterlogged pitch. And now the plug has also been pulled on Wroxham and Great Yarmouth Town's Senior Cup fourth round clash for the second week in a row.
A Wroxham statement said: 'Tonight's Norfolk Senior Cup game with Great Yarmouth is postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. Referee Darin Geary, who has inspected the pitch four times in the past week, had no hesitation in deciding the pitch is unplayable at present.
'A new date will be arranged; likely to be next Tuesday (December 1).'
You may also want to watch:
Lynn's second-string will try again to host their West Norfolk Thurlow Nunn League First Division counterparts on Saturday.
Elsewhere, as it stands, Diss Town will still entertain Dereham Town in the night's other Senior Cup action.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
Norwich United's FA Vase second round match against Hullbridge Sports, called off on Saturday, is definitely on after the city team's Plantation Park playing surface passed a mid-afternoon pitch inspection.
Keep an eye on the website for any news of more postponements.