Crusaders keep noses in front to secure bonus point
- Credit: Archant
Crusaders did well to secure a bonus point win against a strong visiting side.
The hosts went in front when they drove over a scrum in front of the posts, with Matt Atkins touching down.
Crusaders increased their lead with an identical second try, with Robert Loone diving in to touch down before converting to make it 12-0.
Colchester reduced the arrears with a well taken try before the break, but Crusaders increased their lead after it when fly-half Ryan Harris fielded his own chip and received a return pass from Jamie Dack to touch down under the posts, with Loone converting.
Colchester pulled back another five points before Dack secured the bonus point with another unconverted try. The visitors scored again but Peter Blinkhorn came off the bench and secured the win with a strong run.
You may also want to watch:
There was a minute's silence to honour Geoff Fiddler, a past president of Norfolk RFU and Crusaders. who passed away last week.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall