Crusaders keep noses in front to secure bonus point
- Credit: Archant
Crusaders did well to secure a bonus point win against a strong visiting side.
The hosts went in front when they drove over a scrum in front of the posts, with Matt Atkins touching down.
Crusaders increased their lead with an identical second try, with Robert Loone diving in to touch down before converting to make it 12-0.
Colchester reduced the arrears with a well taken try before the break, but Crusaders increased their lead after it when fly-half Ryan Harris fielded his own chip and received a return pass from Jamie Dack to touch down under the posts, with Loone converting.
Colchester pulled back another five points before Dack secured the bonus point with another unconverted try. The visitors scored again but Peter Blinkhorn came off the bench and secured the win with a strong run.
You may also want to watch:
There was a minute's silence to honour Geoff Fiddler, a past president of Norfolk RFU and Crusaders. who passed away last week.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 6 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night