Crusaders get their bonus point in the end
- Credit: Archant
Crusaders completed the double over a Beccles side determined to put on a good performance in front of a big crowd.
The deadlock was broken midway through the first half when from a penalty Crusaders drove a five-metre scrum over the line for Rob Dye to score an unconverted try.
Quick hands out to the wing earned them a second try when Jamie Dack unlocked the Beccles defence with a good touchdown. With Gareth Drewery's conversion falling short it was 10-0 at half-time.
Coach Phil O'Brien brought on Henry Mower to inject some pace and the youngster made an impact by scoring a third try with a determined run which Robert Loone converted. A late try from substitute Callum Reader then secured the bonus point.
Meanwhile Norwich Union won 24-7 at Norwich II in Eastern Counties 2N (Tries: Matthew Cook, Graham Hunt 2, Lloyd Davis. Conversions: Davis 2).
You may also want to watch:
Beccles 0 Crusaders 22
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week