Crusaders get their bonus point in the end
- Credit: Archant
Crusaders completed the double over a Beccles side determined to put on a good performance in front of a big crowd.
The deadlock was broken midway through the first half when from a penalty Crusaders drove a five-metre scrum over the line for Rob Dye to score an unconverted try.
Quick hands out to the wing earned them a second try when Jamie Dack unlocked the Beccles defence with a good touchdown. With Gareth Drewery's conversion falling short it was 10-0 at half-time.
Coach Phil O'Brien brought on Henry Mower to inject some pace and the youngster made an impact by scoring a third try with a determined run which Robert Loone converted. A late try from substitute Callum Reader then secured the bonus point.
Meanwhile Norwich Union won 24-7 at Norwich II in Eastern Counties 2N (Tries: Matthew Cook, Graham Hunt 2, Lloyd Davis. Conversions: Davis 2).
You may also want to watch:
Beccles 0 Crusaders 22
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 9 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’