Crunch clash for Henman’s in-form Dereham Town
Dereham Town host Thurrock this afternoon and go into the game knowing that victory will see their unbeaten run extend to nine league matches and possibly move them up to second in the table.
But manager Matt Henman knows his side will have to be at their very best to keep their excellent Ryman Division One North run going.
The Magpies' boss said: 'It is going to be a very tough test for us, but I am really looking forward to it as it gives us a chance to show how far we have come and how much we have developed since the start of the season. Over the last six weeks our form has been excellent and there is no reason we can't keep that going today. Thurrock have added a new striker in the last few weeks which looks to have made a big difference to them and like us they come into the game in excellent form.
'I'm very proud of what we have achieved and how much we have improved since August and I believe all the other sides in this league have to see us as a side they have to respect and as a serious threat.
'Scoring goals has been a key feature of our play these past few weeks and it's something we look to carry on as we enter a very tough month.'
You may also want to watch:
Dereham currently sit fifth in the table, two places and three points behind today's opponents, but go into their big clash without two key players – defenders Gary Starling (injury) and Ryan Hawkins, who is suspended.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall