Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
The top two in Division One both won. Defending champions Castle Acre Swifts beat North Elmham 4-1 while Yaxham won 5-3 at Shipdham. Bridgham United are third after beating Tacolneston by the odd goal of five and West End are fourth following a 7-0 win at Scarning Utd. Gressenhall won by the only goal of the game at home to Rockland Utd. while Morley Village ran out 3-1 winners at home to Swaffham Town A.
The top two in Division Two also both won and have already set up a considerable lead at the top of the table. Leaders Sporle made it five wins from five matches with a 7-2 success at Narborough while Nostro beat Hethersett Athletic by the odd goal of three.
There are new leaders in Division Three – Wendling won 4-2 at Feltwell Utd Reserves to move to the top of the table. Walsingham Utd beat bottom team North Elmham Reserves 6-1 while Colkirk picked up their first point from a 4-4 home draw with Marham Wanderers.
The rest of the action was in the first rounds of the Primary and Pease League Cups. In the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup for second division teams, the only home winners were Hingham Athletic Reserves who beat Necton 2-0. In the remaining ties, the winners all scored six goals. Stoke Ferry won 6-1 at Cockers, Weeting beat Rampant Horse 6-2 and Saham Toney Reserves ran out 6-3 winners at Litcham.
In the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup for third and fourth division teams, there were two double figure scores. Mulbarton Wanderers A won 14-2 at Rockland Utd Reserves and Tacolneston Reserves beat Dereham Cockers Utd 11-1. All the other games were much closer with Methwold Utd Reserves needing extra time to beat Attleborough Town A 4-3. North Pickenham were 2-1 home winners over Beetley Utd, Watton Utd A beat Shipdham Reserves 3-1 and Methwold Utd won by the odd goal of five at Yaxham Res.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner