Cromer will have chance to avenge loss in last year’s Carter Naco Cup final when they take on Vauxhall Mallards
- Credit: Alan Tinkler
Vauxhall Mallards will take on Cromer in this year's Carter Naco Cup final.
Cromer beat fellow Norfolk Alliance side Diss in their semi-final, with Jamie Carter scoring 89 and David Turner 76 as the hosts posted a total of 297 for six.
Diss, leading Division One of the Alliance, fell 76 runs short of the target set by their Premier Division opponents with Sam Hunt contributing 65 as they were bowled out for 221.
Vauxhall Mallards won the other semi-final, also making home advantage count in their all East Anglian Premier League encounter with Horsford.
Matt Plater's 69 led the way for the Ducks as they reached 234 for nine in their 50 overs before Sam Tinkler took three for 45 to help dismiss the visitors for 213, finishing 21 runs short of their target.
You may also want to watch:
The final is scheduled to be played at Old Buckenham CC on Sunday, August 20, with Cromer looking to avenge their 242-run defeat to Fakenham in last year's final.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP