Cromer will have chance to avenge loss in last year’s Carter Naco Cup final when they take on Vauxhall Mallards
- Credit: Alan Tinkler
Vauxhall Mallards will take on Cromer in this year's Carter Naco Cup final.
Cromer beat fellow Norfolk Alliance side Diss in their semi-final, with Jamie Carter scoring 89 and David Turner 76 as the hosts posted a total of 297 for six.
Diss, leading Division One of the Alliance, fell 76 runs short of the target set by their Premier Division opponents with Sam Hunt contributing 65 as they were bowled out for 221.
Vauxhall Mallards won the other semi-final, also making home advantage count in their all East Anglian Premier League encounter with Horsford.
Matt Plater's 69 led the way for the Ducks as they reached 234 for nine in their 50 overs before Sam Tinkler took three for 45 to help dismiss the visitors for 213, finishing 21 runs short of their target.
You may also want to watch:
The final is scheduled to be played at Old Buckenham CC on Sunday, August 20, with Cromer looking to avenge their 242-run defeat to Fakenham in last year's final.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk