Cromer Town suffer Mummery Cup setback
Cromer Town are out of the Mummery Cup after a surprise 1-0 home defeat by Horsford United in Saturday's first round.
The Premier Division champions were beaten by a Luke Priestley goal.
Fellow top-flight side Hempnall lost 4-0 at Norwich CEYMS, whose goals came from Matthew Adcock, Shaun Kelly, Thomas Amis and an opponent. St Andrews went out 5-4 on penalties after their home game against First Division Corton ended 1-1 after 90 minutes.
Early Premier Division strugglers North Walsham Town were unceremoniously dumped out 5-0 at First Division Watton, whose goals came from Xavier Huckle (2), Sam Fincham, Mark Alibone and Craig Burton.
Big scorers were Stalham Town, 8-0 winners at Hindringham, who have started their First Division campaign well, with two wins out of two. Lawrence Cheese grabbed a hat-trick, with Darren Patterson (2), David Bailey, Jamie Long and an opponent also on the scoresheet. There was a hat-trick for Alex Holmes as well as two for Nathan Russell as Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves won 5-4 at Loddon United. Stephen Davis also scored a treble in Mattishall's 5-1 win over Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach