Cromer tennis club showcases new coach and junior logo
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Tennis Club is seeking to ensure more people know about its 'secret' top-ranking facilities.
The club is re-branding itself, helped by the design efforts of two local youngsters.
And it has appointed a new coach in Chris Cash, who will be looking to bolster his team to train current and new members.
Both were showcased at a weekend open day at the Norwich Road centre, whose grass courts are ranked among the five in the UK, said club spokesman Carol Wright.
'We are the best-kept secret in Norfolk - so we invited 18 local schools to design a new junior club logo,' she added.
You may also want to watch:
Izzy Gosden, aged six, from Suffield Park Infants School and Frankie Haresign, 11, from the Belfry Primary School at Overstrand, shared the prize - after coming up with a similar creation involving a smiley crab on a tennis rather than fishing net. They won free membership as part of their prize.
Mr Cash, a director of First Point tennis coaching, will be at Cromer at weekends, and looking for an assistant to do weekday sessions.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
The club has more than 100 members, junior and senior, aged from primary schoolchildren as young as four to pensioners in their 90s, said Mrs Wright.
It also goes into local school running taster programmes in a bid to get youngsters into the sport.
The weekend open day featured free half-hour sessions and a parent and child tournament.
This weekend the club is hosting a Pretty In Pink charity day from 10am to 4pm on Sunday.
Its big dates during the year are:
July 21-26 - county week (hosting division two ladies)
July 29 - August 3 - junior week hosting 300 youngsters
August 12-17 - senior open.
The club has 10 grass courts, two artificial grass and two hard courts. They are available for public, not just club, use.
For more information call 01263 513741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org