Cromer Tennis Club ready to host Aegon Summer County Cup 2017 action
- Credit: Archant
Aegon Summer County Cup action returns to Cromer Tennis Club next week.
Norfolk's women are on home soil between Monday and Friday as they seek promotion back to Group One, having lost all of their matches at Eastbourne last year.
It had been a first top-flight campaign in 25 years and proved to be a learning experience for captain Lucky Brooks' young squad.
They face Buckinghamshire, who were also relegated, as well as Cheshire, Yorkshire, Essex and Hampshire & Isle of Wight – with free entry and parking for spectators.
Norfolk's men travel to Ilkley in West Yorkshire after remaining in Group Three last year, winning two of their matches at Frinton, beating Lincolshire 6-3 and Cheshire 6-4. That was despite captain Nicky Crawley being without the experience of Barry Fulcher, Tom Spinks and James Auckland.
You may also want to watch:
They face Somerset and Lancashire, who have come down from Group Two, as well as Lincolnshire, East of Scotland and North Wales.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water