Cromer Tennis Club ready to host Aegon Summer County Cup 2017 action
- Credit: Archant
Aegon Summer County Cup action returns to Cromer Tennis Club next week.
Norfolk's women are on home soil between Monday and Friday as they seek promotion back to Group One, having lost all of their matches at Eastbourne last year.
It had been a first top-flight campaign in 25 years and proved to be a learning experience for captain Lucky Brooks' young squad.
They face Buckinghamshire, who were also relegated, as well as Cheshire, Yorkshire, Essex and Hampshire & Isle of Wight – with free entry and parking for spectators.
Norfolk's men travel to Ilkley in West Yorkshire after remaining in Group Three last year, winning two of their matches at Frinton, beating Lincolshire 6-3 and Cheshire 6-4. That was despite captain Nicky Crawley being without the experience of Barry Fulcher, Tom Spinks and James Auckland.
You may also want to watch:
They face Somerset and Lancashire, who have come down from Group Two, as well as Lincolnshire, East of Scotland and North Wales.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?