Cromer setting the pace in Ang Combination
Last season's nearly men Cromer Town currently boast an impressive four point lead at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
The team from the North Norfolk coast finished in an agonising second place last time out and were just three points shy of lifting the trophy, but with 10 wins from 14 games The Crabs look in with an extremely good chance of going one better this term.
Cromer's closest challengers at present are title holders Blofield United and this season's surprise package, St Andrews. Thorpe St Andrews have made an extremely strong start and have lost just once in their 12 fixtures this season, they also inflicted a damaging open day defeat to top placed Cromer Town.
Mattishall and Wroxham Reserves have also made solid starts to the season and are sitting in fourth and fifth position respectively. Below this is where the league really tightens up, sixth to tenth position is separated by just three points. In 11th place are newly-promoted Norwich St Johns who have made a solid start to life in the Anglian Combination Premier Division, winning four games so far, including getting the better of sixth-placed Acle United in an eight-goal thriller.
Last season's third-placed Hempnall have been disappointing this season having lost six games already, one less than they lost in the whole of the previous campaign. Dersingham Rovers and newly promoted Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves are currently locked together on 13 points, although both already look safe from relegation.
You may also want to watch:
Isolated at the bottom are Brandon Town and Loddon United. The former having picked up seven points along with an incredible goal difference of -48 whilst the latter are sitting on four points, with only one win and one draw in 13 games.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham