Cromer make winning start to season with victory over Beccles
Sterry Cup champions Cromer Town kicked off the defence of their title with a victory on Saturday.
The Crabs came out 3-2 winners at Beccles Town, thanks to goals from Antoni Fawkes, Liam Landamore and Simon Freemantle. Beccles' goals came courtesy of Sam Roberts and David Shade.
Perhaps the shock of the day was at Blofield United, who finished third last season but saw their challenge get off to a losing start - beaten 1-0 at home by promoted Dersingham Rovers, whose goal came from Tim Kirby.
The other newcomers, Reepham Town, drew 2-2 at home to Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. Nathan Savage and Stephen Drake were on target for last season's Division )ne runners-up, with Reece Borrett and Jordan Haverson getting the goals for the visitors.
James Buxton scored the only goal of the game as St Andrews beat Wroxham Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, Caister and Long Stratton were the big scorers, both scoring six without reply.
Long Stratton, who missed promotion by just two pints, thumped relegated Wells Town, with goals from Lee Barrett (2), Sam Page (2), Kelvin Willimott and Andy Clitheroe.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
There were braces for Nicholas Crawley and Anton Ward, and one apiece for Garrett Ward and Thomas Rowley as Caister beat Brandon.