Cromer make winning start to season with victory over Beccles
Sterry Cup champions Cromer Town kicked off the defence of their title with a victory on Saturday.
The Crabs came out 3-2 winners at Beccles Town, thanks to goals from Antoni Fawkes, Liam Landamore and Simon Freemantle. Beccles' goals came courtesy of Sam Roberts and David Shade.
Perhaps the shock of the day was at Blofield United, who finished third last season but saw their challenge get off to a losing start - beaten 1-0 at home by promoted Dersingham Rovers, whose goal came from Tim Kirby.
The other newcomers, Reepham Town, drew 2-2 at home to Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. Nathan Savage and Stephen Drake were on target for last season's Division )ne runners-up, with Reece Borrett and Jordan Haverson getting the goals for the visitors.
James Buxton scored the only goal of the game as St Andrews beat Wroxham Reserves.
In Division One, Caister and Long Stratton were the big scorers, both scoring six without reply.
Long Stratton, who missed promotion by just two pints, thumped relegated Wells Town, with goals from Lee Barrett (2), Sam Page (2), Kelvin Willimott and Andy Clitheroe.
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 3 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Farmers call for Norfolk hosepipe ban
- 6 Firefighters battling forest blaze near Sandringham
- 7 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 8 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 9 New planning bid to re-use long-empty pub
- 10 Organisers of Norfolk festival 'gutted' after cancelling due to fire risk
There were braces for Nicholas Crawley and Anton Ward, and one apiece for Garrett Ward and Thomas Rowley as Caister beat Brandon.