Football League official to referee Cromer Lifeboat Cup final
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Football League referee Tom Nield will be officiating at this year's Cromer Lifeboat Cup final.
Nield started his refereeing career in the North East Norfolk League and also took charge of matches in the Lifeboat Cup competition.
He has progressed rapidly since then and this season has been officiating regularly in League One and League Two.
His most recent match was on Saturday when he refereed the League Two encounter between Crawley Town and Crewe Alexandra.
Nield contacted the Lifeboat Cup organisers and offered to take charge of the final and this was gratefully accepted. This year's final will be between Runton United and Cromer Youth Old Boys and will take place at Cabbell Park on Monday (6.30pm).
You may also want to watch:
Cromer Youth Old Boys reached the final on Monday evening when they scored early in the second half to beat Holt United 1-0 in a match that was switched to Holt Sports Centre to protect the playing surface at Cabbell Park.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools