Football League official to referee Cromer Lifeboat Cup final
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Football League referee Tom Nield will be officiating at this year's Cromer Lifeboat Cup final.
Nield started his refereeing career in the North East Norfolk League and also took charge of matches in the Lifeboat Cup competition.
He has progressed rapidly since then and this season has been officiating regularly in League One and League Two.
His most recent match was on Saturday when he refereed the League Two encounter between Crawley Town and Crewe Alexandra.
Nield contacted the Lifeboat Cup organisers and offered to take charge of the final and this was gratefully accepted. This year's final will be between Runton United and Cromer Youth Old Boys and will take place at Cabbell Park on Monday (6.30pm).
You may also want to watch:
Cromer Youth Old Boys reached the final on Monday evening when they scored early in the second half to beat Holt United 1-0 in a match that was switched to Holt Sports Centre to protect the playing surface at Cabbell Park.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park