Cromer get a shock from lowly Loddon
Lowly Loddon provided a shock result by holding Premier Division leaders Cromer to a 2-2 draw on Saturday.
Simon Durrant and David Hinton netted for the Crabs, but the hosts also scored twice through Chris Hancock and Gary Summons to get a share of the spoils. However, Cromer are still well clear of second-placed Norwich St Johns who were 3-1 victors at Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves.
Luke Tuttle, Lloyd Greening and Daniel Cushing were on the scoresheet for St Johns, with Paul Highfield providing the hosts' consolation.
Ben Morgan's goal for Acle saw his side leapfrog Wroxham Reserves and Mattishall into third place.
Wroxham Reserves and Mattishall both failed to take advantage of Cromer's result as neither won – the Yachtsmen drawing 3-3 at Beccles and Mattishall losing 1-0 at home to Acle.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham's scorers were John Curtis, Elliot Winter and Andrew Eastaugh and the Wherrymen's marksmen were Tom Roberts, Alan Remblance and Anthony Martin.
Blofield went on a goal rampage when Sheringham paid a visit, winning 6-1 thanks to Neil Hurren, Lee Skoyles, Colin Wines, Robert Woodcock, Greg Murphy and Paul Warman, with Roy Bevis replying. Dersingham hosted St Andrews and it ended in a 2-2 draw. Darran Hewitt and Ben Walker scored for the hosts and Matthew Pilgrim and Alex Taylor for St Andrews.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
It was also a draw in the bottom-of-the-table clash at Brandon as they shared two goals with North Walsham – and Hempnall drew 0-0 at Spixworth.
Meanwhile, in Division One, Wells Town still lead the way after a 3-1 win at Caister. Daniel Grocott, Scott Sutherland-Gray and Tom East were on the scoresheet for the Seasiders with Jack Waitt netting Caister's consolation. Second-placed Wymondham kept up the pressure with a 3-1 win at Poringland, whose goal by Jonny Cogman was outweighed by a brace from Chris O'Brien and one from Jamie Speller.
Bradenham went nap at home against Bungay with Russell Tuffs providing the visitors' only goal. Ricky Forder scored a brace and Chris Hancy, Ryan Seabright and Philip King completed the 5-1 scoreline.
Sprowston Athletic visited Hindringham and were on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline after goals from Darren West, Gary Belton and Matthew Hudson. Watton United returned from Holt with three points and a 2-1 win with Mark Allibone and Sam Fincham netting, and Kevin Moore scoring for the Owls.
Reepham (Mark Gaskin, Toby Armiger, own goal) drew 3-3 at home to Corton (Quinn French twice and Kevin Oldman). Stalham (Darren Patterson, Lawrence Cheese, David Dockerty and Nicholas Meale) were 4-2 winners over Horsford (Darren Nichols and Leslie Fletcher).